Share this site.
Main Office
Annex Office
Locations of Northwest Regional Housing Authority Locations


Serving North-Central Arkansas. With rental properties found at various locations throughout our service area. Housing Choice Vouchers can be used anywhere in our service area.

Housing for Northwest Regional Housing Authority Housing


Provides housing assistance to families, elderly & disabled individuals through programs like Public Housing, Section 8, Low Income Housing Tax Credits, HOME & Homeownership.

Participants of Northwest Regional Housing Authority Residents


Residents have access to an array of supportive service programs, like counseling and education designed to maximize individual potential.

Vouchers for Northwest Regional Housing Authority Voucher Programs


The Housing Choice Voucher Program (also known as Section 8) is one of the best opportunities for lower income families to obtain decent, safe, and affordable housing.

Reasonable Accommodation

Reasonable Accommodation (renting from relatives)

Federal regulations do not allow the Housing Authority to subsidize the rent of any participant if the property owner is the parent, child, grandparent, grandchild, sister or brother of any member of the participant's household unless as a reasonable accommodation for a family member with disabilities, then only if the unit meets a specific need of the disabled family member as certified by a physician.

To request a reasonable accommodation an applicant must have a written statement from a physician stating that the unit he/she wishes to rent meets a specific need caused by the disability.

It should not state what the disability is only that this accommodation is needed and that it can only be met by living in a unit owned by a relative.

For example:

The relative builds or buys a house that has wheelchair ramps and wide doorways and the unit is located next door to the relative who assists you with activities that the tenant connot perform.

The Housing Authority would in this case, with the physician's statement, be allowed to execute a Housing Choice Voucher contract on the applicant's behalf.